Saturday, February 12, 2011

Chili Beans

    
       This recipe is very special to me. I grew up eating my great grandma's chili, it was at every family party and has become a definite comfort food. This recipe actually turned out to be an easy translation to vegetarian. I personally like to heat a tortilla on the stove and make a burrito with cold beans, but they are excellent hot in burritos or in a big bowl at a bbq. I always bring these to parties, mainly to ensure I have something eat, and they are always a hit. People don't even know there isn't meat in them.


Ingredients
2 cup "meat" crumbles
1/2 soyrizo package ( I really like Trader Joe's brand)
2 15oz cans Ralphs brand chili beans in sauce ( Normally I would say use whatever beans you want but for this it has to be Ralphs brand cili beans otherwise it will not taste the same)
1 tsp garlic salt
olive oil


Cook the meat crumbles and garlic salt in 2 tbs olive oil. Once it has started to brown, mix in the soyrizo, lower the heat and cook until the mixture is nicely browned. Next transfer the mixture to a large sauce pan or pot and add the 2 cans of beans. Mix throughly and cook until heated through and bubbling.

No comments:

Post a Comment