Tuesday, August 7, 2012

The Simple Joys of the Day.... and Maybe a Couple Woes


I haven't really been doing much lately. Just packing and getting ready to go back to Chico so I thought I would share some things that made me smile today and a few of the hard woes of my life (sarcasm). (And I know how ridiculously cheesy that picture is trust me!)

1. My first Sungold tomato is turning well, golden! Finally! Ugh! I guess my talking to them finally paid off. I'm sure people hear me and think I'm crazy.


2. A gorgeous drive along the 101 to Santa Barbara. I can't imagine growing up in a prettier place. Living in Chico I realized how much I take the ocean for granted. When I'm away I miss the briny smell, the salty taste of the ocean air, the sticky feeling your hair gets, the sand stuck to your feet and forever in your shoes once you put them on.


3.This delicious sandwich I made. Nothing beats a fresh avocado. I used to hate avocados but I've really come around to them and lately I can't get enough.


4. My grandma gave me this beautiful UGG purse today. It's a $335 purse. My grandma got it for $40. She's got the hook up. The coolest thing is it has pockets on each side! And they are really deep so things won't fall out. How cool it that? Psh really cool I know.
(PS I have magical powers and can make things float)

5. This is my dog Cheyanne being ridiculous as always. She never ceases to make me laugh. Today I literally caught her hiding behind a car from my mom like a child. My mom was calling her and she wasn't moving.
Just standing there.
Hiding.
When she saw I found her she gave me a look like shhhh don't tell! I called my mom telling her where she was because she was freaking out. When my mom came closer from the back of the car to the front where she was hiding she watched her feet getting closer from under the car. When my mom got to her she ran away grinning with her mouth open. She was definitely laughing.


6. I had a funny conversation with my friend S.T. I love when my friends are as interested in baking and gardening as me. It makes me not feel like such an old lady!

Woes of my life today
1. Not being able to have the Barefoot Contessa's Pear, Apple and Cranberry Crisp .  This looks to die for. And I want it. Enough said.
2. Avocado on my shirt....... total bummer
3. Today was last time I will see my grandma for a few months

What made you smile today or say gosh darn you life! Why are you so cruel??

Love,
       me!

P.S. I lost a pound! I'm on my way to being a sexy lady at graduation! 

1 comment:

  1. Um, you are adorable and this post made ME smile right now, today...I am jealous of simplicity, the sweet, simple things you mention and vowing to get back to it sooner than later! ;) KEEEEEP WRITING!!!

    ReplyDelete